Friday 16 July 2010

Being Perfect

As a catholic youth, I learnt about sin and how I am not perfect. We are human and have many short comings. I try my best to change and be a better person. Life is rosy.

It is only after I become a parent that the reality of being imperfect hits so close to my heart. Having children does not make me worse. It only brings out the issues and shortcomings I have. It can be scary to face them, as I have to confront them and change, or my children will become like me. I have to strive to be perfect like God.

As a parent, I learnt that I can be sacrificial. I can save food which I loved and gobbled up in the past for them, I can do things for them more than I was willing to for others before. I cannot be selfish, and just think of my own needs. I don't know why i would do it too. For in the same way that I want my kids to grow up to be, I need to impose on myself first.

Indeed, this seems like a joke from God to help me strive to be perfect





No comments:

Post a Comment